Before you Start
Each CMS has its own behavior.
Working with a theme does not mean you should not understand some essentials about building a website, web design, creating pages, using images, videos,...
Here we listed some interesting articles and videos.
It will help you build an awesome website!
If you you want to make changes to the theme / templates / modules / files yourself. Just clone the theme on your portal and use the cloned version.
1. HubSpot Knowledge Base & 24/7 support
HubSpot has an excellent documented knowledge base and has 24/7 support:
4. HubSpot: Create and publish website pages
- Create and publish a page
- Create and publish a page > Types of templates > is a THEME template
- Create and publish a page > Create a new page
- Create and publish a page > Edit an existing page
- Create and publish a page > Edit content in a module
- Create and publish a page > Edit styles applied to your modules
- Create and publish a page > Optimise for SEO
- Create and publish a page > Edit page settings
- Create and publish a page > Preview tour page
- Create and publish a page > Publish or schedule your page
5. HubSpot: Edit content in pages using a website theme
By grouping these elements, you can apply background styles to an entire area of your page. You can also drag & drop entire rows, columns, or sections to rearrange your page layout.
- Module: an individual block of website content. You can edit your page's text and images within an individual module.
- Column: a vertical stack of multiple modules or rows. You can move or rearrange columns on your page and apply a background color or style to an entire column.
- Row (*): a horizontal row of modules or columns. You can move or rearrange rows on your page and apply a background color or style to an entire row.
- Section: a group of multiple rows or columns. You can move an entire section or apply a background color or style to an entire section.
- You can search for modules to be used.
- Theme modules are modules developed form especially for the theme
- Common modules are default HubSpot modules such as Rich Text.
- All modules, beware of using these modules, are probably old modules and NO Drag & Drop modules. It's possible that they do not behave correctly.
Section \ Column \ Row \ module hierarchy
(*) creating a row is sometimes hard ;-) but follow these steps, and you will get one
- create 2 cols with a Rich Text module in each
- in the first col, drag an Image module below the Rich Text field
- then clone Image module in the first row using the icon when hovering